Get to Know The Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice and what it can mean for your health
You might question the extraordinary benefits of wheatgrass juice because you will first find your first taste of the juice very intense.
However, if you want to focus on health and move to a healthier lifestyle, wheatgrass juice can prove be a nutritionally packed and natural alternative.
I proved my love for the juice when I bought a wheatgrass juicer (Read the review of top 3 wheatgrass juicers in 2016 here). My family first joked about the juicer. But soon they saw the difference a juicer can make in the quality and yield of juice.
Wheatgrass juicer works by masticating or chewing the wheatgrass to release the nutrients that are otherwise locked behind food walls to efficiently juice the green and produce a cold pressed juice which is loaded with nutrition and health.
Nutritional Analysis of Wheatgrass
An ounce of wheatgrass contains –
8 grams of dietary fiber,
240% of the RDA of vitamin A,
93% of the RDA of vitamin C,
356% of the RDA of iron, and
12% of the RDA of calcium.
8 grams of protein.
Wheatgrass contains full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, along with chock full of amino acids, enzymes, and chlorophyll.
Wheatgrass has been scientifically proven to treat many conditions and improve health. If you are not yet convinced about the amazing health and beauty benefits of wheatgrass, take a look at the intensive list here –
Top Health and Beauty Benefits of Wheatgrass
1. Wheatgrass improves production of hemoglobin and improve immunity.
2. It helps treat skin disease like psoriasis and eczema. It’s anti-bacterial effects also
3. Wheatgrass helps control blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
4. It stimulates metabolism, curb appetite and beneficial in weight management.
5. Wheatgrass also stimulates the thyroid gland.
6. The high alkalinity helps in detoxification of liver and blood by flush out toxins and helps prevent cancer.
7. Wheatgrass helps improve blood circulation as it has the ability to increase the level of oxygen in blood due to high chlorophyll content.
8. It helps improve digestion and prevent digestive disorders like heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel.
9. It helps reduce cholesterol by blocking its absorption.
10. The high chlorophyll helps treat arthritis and reduce joint pain due to its anti-
11. Effective in reduction of blood pressure.
12. Wheatgrass works as a body deodorizer and regular consumption can reduce the
13. Gargling with wheatgrass juice can help prevent tooth decay.
14. It is great in treating skin wounds because of the its ability to regenerate cells. Its anti-
15. Wheatgrass is also effective in fighting common cold and other respiratory tract
16. It is also helpful in treating urinary tract disorders including BPH, bladder infection and prostate infection.
Points to remember
You should embark on the wheatgrass juice journey slowly, starting with an ounce a day and when comfortable move up to 2 ounce a day level. High quantities of wheatgrass can make you nauseous and make you very sick, as it is highly potent.
You should remember that wheatgrass juice is not a food but a cleanser and should not be consumed everyday for extended period of time. Regular consumption over a longer period of time can also cause aversion.
The best time to ingest wheatgrass is in the morning, on an empty stomach. Consumption after a meal can also make you feel nauseous.
Author Namrata Kothari
Namrata Kothari, from Bangalore, is software engineer by education and a food and fitness blogger by passion. She is a lover of yoga and satire and has always been fascinated about nutrition and healthy living, but the real journey of research started after having 2 children.
She wanted to pass on good eating habits and balanced diet for their holistic growth, and started writing as a resource for others interested in the same.
If you’re interested in working with her either in person or remotely, please contact her at email@example.com.
She is also a contributing health writer for superfoodliving.com. Read more of her articles here: http://www.superfoodliving.com/author/namrata-kothari
The contents of this article are the opinions and research of the author.
Click here for FREE instant access!
Don’t Miss Out on Smart Tips for Improving Your Health!