Here are 5 Safe and Natural Remedies for 5 Getting Rid of Blackheads
The skin is always the number one concern for most women, even men nowadays, and especially so for girls.
There are so many problems that can happen to your skin namely: blackheads, open clogged pores, pimples, freckles, pigmentation and lousy complexion.
Blackheads are probably the most common for the reason that most skin problems lead to blackheads.
Causes of Blackheads:
Blackheads are caused by so many factors: acne, clogged pores, stress, extra oily skin. And if you do not clean your face properly, your chances of getting blackheads are quite high.
Treatments for blackheads:
There are many ways to get rid of blackheads: you can use chemicals and/or natural products. However, you do need to consider carefully when choosing your remedy. Many brands take advantage of the fear that many young girls and adults have for blackheads.
The safest and cheapest way is to use natural skincare products or home remedies to treat blackheads. This means that you can make use of ingredients from your kitchen or from nature to make your own treatment.
Below are 5 Safe and Effective Natural Remedies:
1. Yogurt and Honey Mask:
There are anti-bacterial properties in yogurt and anti-inflammatory properties in honey. These two ingredients make the perfect mask for your skin to both clear bacteria and soothe your skin without causing further irritation.
- Mix two spoons of yogurt with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Stir well then add few drops of lemon.
- Apply over a cleansed face.
- Leave on the mask for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Pat your face dry.
- Repeat twice a week.
2. Mashed Potato and Honey Mask
People boast about benefits of mashed potato and honey for the skin. This combination of pure ingredients is the perfect marriage for brightening and making your skin smooth, especially blackheads. The mask will help to absorb all the extra oil and remove dirt from your skin. This is a great way to keep your pores clean and free from blackheads.
- Boil one potato, peel, then mash well.
- Add a bit of milk and few drops of lemon juice to the mash.
- Apply all over your cleansed face.
- Leave for 15 minute, then rinse off with water.
- Pat your face dry.
3. Turmeric Powder
This ingredient is a power house of ant-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is great in helping remove clogged-up impurities and dirt in your pores.
- Mix few tablespoons of turmeric powder with lemon juice.
- Add some honey to the mixture. Mix well.
- Apply a thick layer all over your face.
- Leave mask for 15 minutes then rinse off with water.
- Repeat twice a week until you get satisfactory results.
4. Green Tea
Green tea is a fantastic ingredient which can help you cleanse your skin. People have been using it widely for its anti-inflammatory properties. You can either make use of the green tea to wash your face or green tea powder to apply over your skin.
- Boil fresh green tea leaves for about half an hour.
- Seive to remove the tea leaves.
- Let the green tea cool down.
- Wash off your face using the green tea fluid.
- Do this every day.
Additionally, drinking green tea is a good way to detox your body. Or you can make your own green tea mask to apply over your face.
5. Egg Whites
Egg whites are also a perfect ingredient for removing facial impurities along with smoothening and brightening your skin. Also, it is helpful in tightening up facial pores. This is the main reason why so many people using egg whites as a mask on their faces.
- Separate the yolk from the white of 1 egg. Use the white.
- Mix the white with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply over your cleansed face.
- Allow the white to dry, then peel off the ‘skin’ of the egg white mixture.
- Wash your face thoroughly, then pat it dry.
Apply the egg white mask three times a week. However, exercise caution as you might unknowingly dry out your skin with excessive use.
This article is written by Arial Grande – Senior Editor of Authority Remedies. Arial is a certified pharmacist. She finished her bachelor degree of Healthcare Management at the University of Findlay. She has worked and trained in the field of Nutrition and Health for over 2 years, consistently providing people with useful information about nutrition as well as helping them with their common health problems.